Tung oil (wood oil) is superior hard oil to care and protect unfinished and bare woods
• 100% natural, environmentally friendly and ideal for use on food contact objects
• Matt finish resistant to heat, water, alcohol, acids and alkalis
• Nourishes, harden and waterproofs allowing to breathe, protect from mold and fungi
• Do not significantly change the original color of the wood and will not darken
• Durable hard and flexible finishing, applicable for indoor and outdoor
• Perfect for waterproofing stone, concrete and cement
• Drying oil, polymerizes (hardens) by auto-oxidation upon exposure to air
• Added as hardener, "improver" and Bio drier for Linceed Oil, Teak Oil etc.
• Cures faster in warm environments
• Direct sunlight can cause spontaneous polymerization and “frost effect"
Pure tung oil is thick, high solid content dark amber yellow oil with a characteristic mild odor; it can be applied pure or diluted; we recommend diluting at least the first and second coat, thinner will make the tung oil easier to apply, faster to dry, and will improve penetration; it depends on the density of the wood, we suggest to thin the oil at 70% or 50% or 30%. E.g. at 50% = 500gr of pure tung oil to 500gr(625ml) of white spirit, Shellsol D40 or non-toxic turpentine and limonene
Tung oil is effective sealing waterproofing agent for paper, fabric (oil-cloth), stone and plasters.
It is a Bio replacement for polyurethanes and other potentially dangerous sealants / varnishes.
Easy application and maintenance for all indoor and outdoor projects
Approximate yield 1L = 15M2 Total polymerization in 4-7 days